Senior & Social Services
Our Responsibility to Our Residents:
Our center provides for the needs of our elderly and disabled by offering a broad range of services in programming that enhance quality of life.
Our center has been designated a COMMUNITY FOCAL POINT by Senior Resources Agency on Aging. Our center is open to those age 55 or older, and those who are disabled.
Griswold Senior Center
220 Taylor Hill Road, Jewett City
(behind the Griswold Town Hall)
TITLE VI INFORMATION
- Click here to view Title VI - Notice to the Public
- Click here to view Title VI - Complaint Procedure
- Click here to view Title VI - Complaint Form
View our Senior Center Monthly Newsletter
TVCCA MEAL PROGRAMS
Congregate Luncheon Program
Together with TVCCA, the Senior Center provides delicious and nutritious daily lunches Monday through Friday.
Menu choices should be registered one week in advance by stopping into the center or calling the kitchen directly at 860-376-7003.
You must be 60 years or older to participate in the TVCCA lunch program.
Meals on Wheels Program
Together with TVCCA, this service is available to our homebound residents.
Daily, nutritious meals will be delivered to your doorstep by one of our Meals-on-Wheels drivers.
For more information, please call TVCCA Elderly Nutrition office at (860) 886-1720
Foot Care Clinic
Regularly scheduled foot care clinics with a licensed podiatrist held every nine weeks.
Please call the Senior Center at 376-2604 for an appointment.
applications - Elderly housing , Handicapped Permit , Qualified Medical Benefit, Meals-on-wheels homebound
Stop by to find the following & learn more:
Elderly Housing Medicare, QMB, Handicapped Permit, SLMB
DIAL A RIDE TRANSPORTATION IS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE GRISWOLD SENIOR CENTER
Dial-a-Ride Transportation for Individuals who are Seniors or for those who have Disabilities
Dial-a-Ride services are available for the Town of Griswold/Jewett City residents for medical trips,24 hours per day, seven days per week. There is a low cost fee of $24 but no money is exchanged between the driver and the rider.
Anyone interested in utilizing the service should contact the Griswold Senior Center by calling 860-376-2604
- Municipal Agent for the elderly (by appointment)
- Social services assistance
- Housing information
- Energy Assistance (in conjunction with TVCCA - call for appointment & additional information)
- Rental Rebate Program for Elderly and Disabled
- SNAP - you may be eligible with help with groceries. Call for more information.
- Daily transportation to medical, shopping in other trips.
- Dial-A-Ride program - additional transportation available when the centers transportation cannot accommodate your schedule. Call for application in details.
- Medicare and other insurance advising (including the Medicare Savings Program)
- AARP Safe Driving Program
- AARP Tax Preparation
- Emergency Fuel Fund (priority given to seniors & families with children)
- Many other educational/informational programs are scheduled throughout the year.
- Monthly Alzheimer's Caregiver Support Group facilitated by Tina Falck held at the Senior Center.
- Monthly Caregivers Support Group facilitated by Senior Resources, our local Agency on Aging held at the Slater Library.
CONTACT OUR OFFICE
Call Our Senior Center: 860.376-2604
Hours: M-TH 8:00 - 3:15
FRIDAY 8:00 - 12:30
Director and Municipal Agent
Assistant to the Director
Senior Van Driver
We may be closed. Watch WFSB, TV Channel 3 for closings & delays.